Tuesday, August 12, 2008

G is for Great Time at the Fair!

What a great time we had at the fair this morning! And, yes, we did get to see some goats, so we fit that into our G Day theme. I'm sure Mia will say her favorite part was getting to ride a Pony for the VERY FIRST TIME, and Laney will probably say that seeing the baby ducks was her favorite. Laney also kept telling us "I a Moo!" meaning that she was pretending to be a cow. :) How darling. I, of course, was nostalgic for my 'tween years when I participated in our local county fair with 4H in the cooking, crafts, and rabbit showmanship areas. I was really tempted to purchase one of the pet rabbits they had for sale this morning. Wouldn't Patrick be enchanted if he came home to a new pet he had no idea about?!?

Anyway, after the kids wake up from their naps/"quiet time" we will attempt to Grow some seeds. Well, we will plant them at the very least. The corn that Grandaddy got the girls for planting a few months ago is doing quite well, though so far no corn to eat. But the plants are tall and great fun to see!

Happy G Day! If you are following along, some interesting G things include: giraffes, goats, granola, growing, golf, gold, growl, grizzly bear, garlic, go, giggle, ganache, gyroscope, grasshopper, goldfish, gingerbread, grandparents, Germany, and gelato* (YUMMY!).

*brought to you by Julie, who just returned from Italy.














Mia Quote of the Day -
"Mommy! HELP! I dropped my tiara in the potty and I already pooped!" (Some days you just LOVE being a mom...)



Books we read today: Grandma and Me, Goodnight Moon, Guess How Much I Love You

2 comments:

Jules said...

Don't forget gelato :) One of my favorite g words.

Debbie said...

I love these updates. The toilet story is a hoot. I can just imagine...where's the bleach?