
Not much new has been happening around here. Mia has decided that she's a baby again, but is learning to use a mouse.
Laney is taking a few steps on her own, but I won't quite say she's walking yet, we'll have to wait until she is officially on her own for more than 3 steps.

We booked our cruise in Italy for Patrick's 40th in November, and I finally got my passport in the mail to be renewed. YAY! (Yes, I expedited it.)

Mia starts preschool next Monday and her teacher, Ms. Janise, came by for a playdate last week, so she's excited and we're getting everything ready for her first day of school. And, she has a new favorite toy - Peggy the Pegasus. Peggy is a plush purple pony with pink ears and hair whose wings light up and she sings a little tune about flying away over the trees. For those of you who don't know, Mia LOVES ponies more than just about anything these days.
For our home, in terms of kitchen design, we have picked out appliances and we just finalized the cabinet layout. Now on to lighting and flooring! YAY! I can't wait until January when we actually make it real. (Of course I waiver every other day about NOT doing the kitchen and just selling the house as-is and moving to a less busy street, but today I think we should go for it.)
We are also in the midst of fence design discussions with our neighbors and LONG Fence. This has put a minor delay in our historic area work permit application - fun fun. Did you know that just to install a fence in an historic area in our county, you have to: Get Pictures of the current house, pictures and diagrams of the new fence design, elevations of the property and fence layout, a plat of the land showing the location of the fence to be installed, permission from all neighbors on adjoining property, you have to send an informational letter to neighbors next door, diagonal, and across the street letting them know what you are installing, and you have to submit all of this 3 weeks before the next meeting! What an effort for a few pieces of wood. Whew! Oh, for those not in the historic district? All they have to do is purchase a fence permit. Done.
So, that's about it for this little family this week. Next week should be more interesting - our anniversary is on Friday!
This is Laney learning about earbuds. (Ha ha. I must like this outfit - it's the same one she's wearing in the last post.)


1 comment:
I'm so amazed at Mia's hair, it's SO long! Emma would have some serious hair-envy if she saw Mia :) Yay for Italy trip - can't wait to hear all about it. Is it just you and Patrick going? We want to do something like that for our 10th anniversary next year, so you'll have to give me the scoop.
Post a Comment