I made fish for dinner Sunday night and it still smells every time I walk into the house from outside. I can't find the culprit and it's bugging me and making me want to redo the kitchen TO-DAY. Urgh. Perhaps the vent filter over the stove? I think I'll try that next.

Anyway, on a more pleasant note, Laney is walking more and more on her own. She's up to 7 steps without falling and I wonder if I can tell the world she's walking yet. Care to comment?
Last week was a busy one. First, Patrick had to go out of town on a business trip and my daytime babysitter is on vacation, so Marme came up to watch Laney while I tried my hand at co-opping at her preschool.
Turns out it is WAY harder than I thought to watch a bunch of 3 year olds! I don't know why I didn't think it would be this difficult. All I needed to do was to imagine 15 Mia's running around, and take on 4-5 of them at a time. I also had the ability to realize that Mia is by no means the busiest, bossiest, fussiest, or fastest 3 year old in the world, something I may have thought the week before. I love preschool.
Then, the latter half of the week Patrick flew up to Appleton, Wisconsin to attend a funeral for a close family friend. He said it was bittersweet to see everyone from his hometown, and in that manner, he was glad he was able to go.

Lucky for me, Catie's daddy was out of town too, so we had some fun play dates with Catie and her family last week and shared some delicious dinners too!
Oh! And for those of you who were waiting on pins and needles like me for the news, my passport is here! It's SO COOL! I love the new design, the new pictures on each page of some of our amazing American landmarks, it's fantastic!! And, now, finally, we can go to Italy. Hooray! T-36 days and counting . . .

1 comment:
Love the latest pictures of the girls :) And YES, you can absolutely say that Laney is walking now - one step counts if you ask me!
Yay on the passport and upcoming trip, you guys are going to have SO much fun.
Post a Comment