Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Mia's Protests

Mia has lately begun to protest just about EVERYTHING. One of her funniest excuses, however, happened the other night when we were trying to get her to go upstairs to put on pjs and brush teeth.

Mommy: "Ok, Mia. Time to go upstairs to put on your jammies."
Mia: "No."
Mommy: "Miaaaa? NOW."
Mia: "I caaan't." (whining)
Mommy: "Mia, we don't use that word. Yes, you can. And you must."
Mia: "I caantt!!! Heellpp mmeeee." (now with whining and fake crying noises, reaching towards the stairs as if she can't quite reach. She's standing 2 inches from the first stair.)
Mommy: "Mia we need to go upstairs to get our jammies on and brush our teeth RIGHT NOW. You can do it.
Mia: "Mommeeeee, heellpp me." (pause) "I'm stuck."
Mommy: "How are you stuck?"
Mia: "Um, my knees. They're stuck."

So, she pretends her knees are stuck together and falls over. I stifle a laugh as Patrick "unsticks" her knees and gets her to go upstairs.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh boy, that sounds like something we would hear around here! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Well you have to give her points for being creative :) Too cute!