
Well, Laney came down with the Coxsackie virus blisters Friday. No wonder she was so cranky last week. Mia was disappointed because that meant we would be missing a Halloween party on Saturday that she had really been looking forward to.
No worries - Mom to the rescue! I happened to have a few things in my bag to make our own party. First Mia made cookies.Then, we hung decorations we had made earlier in the week and donned Halloween Costumes. (Thank you to Travis for lending his hat.)
Then, we made Halloween cards, ate spooky snacks and the cookies, applied creepy tattoos, and had orange milk.Then, we got to play in the dark with glow sticks - Mia bit into one and we worried a bit about poison. (So far, she's still normal, aside from HER Coxsackie blisters that showed up yesterday afternoon.)
We had an uninvited visitor or two, asking for treats (almost like real Halloween!)
and then we went to bed.
Phew! Crisis (and disappointed 2 and 4 year old meltdowns) averted.




4 comments:
You are such a good Mommy :) So creative, I love reading your ideas on your blog! Hope everyone is back to normal soon.
Sounds like you've got the scout/mommy motto down...be prepared.
Good Job Laura! I love your creativity, and I wish you were closer so you could rub some off on me!
I love the costumes - sick or not everyone looks like they are having lots of fun!
Post a Comment