On a lighter note, Laney is now in a BIG GIRL BED!! We found wonderful beds on Craigslist for a great price, and I'm so excited about them, but I don't have pictures yet. Hopefully tomorrow you can see them, but for now I'll try to describe them. They are actually a girl's bunk bed set in white wood that can be made into two twin beds, using a tall head board and a short foot board each. We have them set up right now as the bunks, but not on top of each other. Basically, Laney has the top bunk: two short foot boards as her head and foot board and we attached the rails as well to keep her from falling out of her bed; and Mia has the bottom: both headboards as her head and foot boards. Again, both on the floor, not on top of one another, lest you think we'd put our two year old on a top bunk in bunk beds. No way.
And, just as Mia got to pick out her bedding when she got her first Big Girl Bed, Laney and I went shopping last Monday to pick out hers. I had no idea she was so opinionated about design. It came down to plaid or Hello Kitty, so I steered her towards the plaid, which matched better with both Mia's spread (they share a room) as well as my general dislike of licensed characters in bedroom decor.
PS: Mia now has a bedrail as well. We switched the girls' sides of the room in order to fit the taller headboards in the taller space, and Mia fell out of her bed. She didn't wake up! I had to wake her. Anyway, amid all sorts of protesting, we put the old guardrail up until she gets used to her new setup. Poor sweetie.
UPDATE: Here are the girls in their new beds!!




No comments:
Post a Comment