Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to "Work"

So today was my first day back working at the preschool. Laney attends (and Mia attended) a cooperative preschool that is run by the parents and the parents are aides to the teachers in the classroom. I only have to work every other Monday, and I've been off since Carina was born, thanks to some very nice friends who traded me for their co-op days in the early fall.

I was a mess this morning, but managed to keep it from the kids in the class - I almost cried. Instead of bawling, though, I grabbed a few of the kids who love to build and made a huge fort of blocks.

It was good for Carina, for Laney, and for me, but I missed her. And Aurelie, her babysitter today, was wonderful. Whew.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Awww! It's always hard that first time, apparently even with #3 :).

Amanda said...

I have to start traveling again soon and it makes me cry just thinking about it...it's hard to be away from the babies!!

Lady and Librarian said...

Glad you made it and way to go on building a fort!