When I was growing up, my mother would tell me a story about Samantha Ann. Samantha Ann was the imaginary person in her childhood who did whatever it was that no one wanted to get in trouble for doing. For instance, if the milk was left spilled on the counter, and no one did it, well then, it must have been Samantha Ann.
Similarly, in the comic strip Family Circus, the instigators of mischeif and mayhem and other messyness included "Nobody, "Not Me", and "Ida Know".
Lately, Laney has invented a Samantha Ann / Not Me of her own. And, it's a bear.
Mommy: Who tracked muddy feet into the dining room?
Laney: I didn't do it. Maybe a BEAR did it!
I will try to get this on video because we think it's hilarious. Unfortunately, I laughed out loud the first time she replied this way, and now it's becoming somewhat of an attention-getter. But it IS funny...
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
And now I just laughed out loud. Way to go Laney! :)
Post a Comment