
Well this week I celebrate a birthday. One that is making me feel downright OLD. How can it possibly be 12 years since I graduated from Tech? How can it possibly be 16 years (!!!) since I graduated from High School?! I tell you, it just goes faster and faster.
But, one thing I AM looking forward to is our trip to Florida next week. We will be spending some time with Patrick's parents in Lake Placid, and spending some time with our friends, Tim and Erika and their children, in Orlando, and of course fitting in a trip to Disneyworld. I'm hoping we can squeeze in a day for SeaWorld as well, but we'll have to see how busy we are.
For my friends with little girls - have you heard of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Well, last year we saw all these little princesses all done up in sparkly makeup and buns and tiaras in their hair, decked out in Disney princess regalia. We thought maybe they were in some special show / competition or something as we all know those things take place in Orlando on a regular basis (I seem to recall going to Devon's cheerleading competition at Disneyworld a few lifetimes ago.) But no, the hair and makeup and costume can all be bought for way too much money at a little salon called the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, located in the castle in the Magic Kingdom or in the one in Downtown Disney. I almost decided I wanted to do this for the girls, pocketbook be damned, and then I noticed you have to be at least 3. So, they will have to wait. Besides, my girls HATE to have their hair brushed, let alone put up in a bun. But check it out, it's really a cute idea. I guess the staff at Disney have to address you as princess and bow to you if you are wearing the BBB sash and hairdo. Can you imagine?!?

4 comments:
Happy 30th! Love, your older sister.... ;)
Happy Birthday Laura!!Y'all have a wonderful trip to the Magic Kingdom...hopefully you'll have warmer weather!!
Happy Birthday Laura!
Hope you had a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about it :)
Post a Comment