
It's been a very long time since I've written anything worth writing about. All summer really. And now here we are, with the first official day of autumn looming and I have literally thousands of pictures that I have not shared.
First of all, Mia and Laney are back in school; Mia is in first grade, taking only English this year, and Laney in the 4s/5s at SSNS. Carina is 11 months and is getting to be SO BIG (as she demonstrates often -> see photo album).
Mia will be taking karate classes this fall and is still one of the tallest girls in her class. She attended Pony Pals camp this summer, and asks every week or so if she can have a horse, so I'm trying to show her things she can do to one day own a horse of her own. Right now I am working on encouraging her to look into becoming an Equine Veterinarian - she can work with horses all day and hopefully make enough money to own one, too!Laney is queen of the world right now. She LOVES school, is working on making her me-doll right now with princess fabric, she knows about half of the alphabet, and still loves dolls and princesses more than just about anything else. She takes after her Mommy in that her favorite food is cheese, and she ADORES being a big sister.
Carina is really coming into her own. She's still allergic to milk, but is tolerating Nutramigen formula with just a constant stuffy nose. I don't know where we go from here, maybe soy milk or almond milk at her birthday, but we'll see. She's crawling and pulling up, but still no walking. I'm not in a hurry for that to happen anyway. Like her sisters, Carina loves loves loves to swing. She also loves animals (except horses, she's afraid of them). And, she absolutely hates to be left out and doesn't like to sleep if her sisters are awake.

We've decided to not list our house until the early spring to keep the girls in the same school all year, and we're still looking at neighborhoods all over the DC area. Patrick is finishing up little things that we notice need fixing as well as keeping the landscaping up to par, and I've been busy making sure the new members of Laney's preschool are submitting their paperwork correctly and on time.
We took a mini-cation to Hershey, PA a few weekends ago once we decided our house wasn't going to be listed this summer, and had a great time! It was perfect for small kids and big kids, too! Mia and Laney loved the rollercoaster! That's great news because I love them too and can ride right along with them. Woo-hoo!

3 comments:
So glad to hear from you! Sounds like you are keeping busy around there same as here. We loved visiting Hershey, but we didn't get to do the amusement park. :-( The boys were too little at the time, but maybe we'll go back someday.
The girls are just precious, and growing up so quickly. Maybe, when you are ready, you and the Salahis can house hunt together, haha! Do you watch Real HW's of DC?
I haven't had time to post much either; so great to hear from you and to see the pictures. We all have such beautiful, healthy, smart children :) I hope Carina will be ok with the milk...fingers crossed.
Post a Comment