Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lately...

A Day in the Life of a "Stay at Home" Mom -

(when you get bored, scroll down for pictures...)

6:00am - Wake up, feed Carina, go back to sleep for 30 minutes
7:00am - Wake up again and wake Mia and Laney, get them and myself dressed, teeth brushed, hair done, faces washed, make lunches, make breakfast
8:00am - eat breakfast, wake up Carina, get her dressed
8:25am - Out the door into the car
8:40am - Drop off Mia at school
9:00am - Feed Carina in the car at Laney's school (Laney gets a video)
9:20am - Take Laney into her class, wash hands, get her started on an activity
9:35am - either head home or run a quick errand
10:00am - Carina naps, do housework (laundry, pay bills, take a shower, bathe Carina)
12:00pm - Wake up and feed Carina and feed myself
12:30pm - Out the door into the car
12:50pm - Get Laney from school
1:30pm - home, Carina is usually asleep again at this point, have one on one time with Laney
2:35pm - Out the door into the car. Carina is usually asleep, sometimes Laney is too.
3:00pm - Be at Mia's classroom door for pickup.
3:25pm - Arrive home (unless it's Wednesday, then we head straight to gymnastics and Carina will have eaten at 2.) Feed Carina.
3:40pm - Work with Mia on her homework, Laney does a "project" or watches a TV show
4:10pm - kids fight play, I make dinner
5:15pm - Dinner for the kids and sometimes myself
6:00pm - TV time, kids fight play, I check email
6:30pm - feed Carina
7:00pm - bath time, or major playroom cleanup time
7:30pm - get kids in jammies, teeth brushed, books read, prayers, water
8:00pm - big kids in bed
8:20pm - feed Carina, Patrick and sometimes myself, watch some TV
9:00pm - try to get Carina to bed
11:00pm - my bedtime

Well, this past few weeks we had a week of the sickies, two weeks of the snow, and now Carina and I are just getting over the crud. I think I had/have the flu, so I guess Carina does too. My guess is that we got it from the doctor's office. Isn't it ironic? Also, we missed posting about Valentines Day, Carina's 4month checkup, and Laney's new amazing whistling! Here are some photos and a video to catch you up. Now I'm off to bed to try to kick this thing...*cough*!




the spoon sticks to nose trick!

Mia and Patrick are experts!

A "swim" party / makeup party playdate
Carina is 4 months old, 25in. long and weighs a whopping 15lbs 4oz! (and, she seems to be teething)

Mia's Sledding Hill

Patrick Digs us Out

3 comments:

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

busy shchedule!

nice to meet you

Lady and Librarian said...

O........M........G........!!!!!
Instant birth control. I am done. No more. One is enough and YOU, my dear old friend, must be something of a wonder woman as well as a sweet, patient and wonderful Mommy.

Debbie said...

Way to go Laura, keep it up! I don't think that I have enough of a routine to make a schedule.I hope everyone feels better very soon. The jonquils are starting to pop up here, so spring must be coming soon! Sending love, hang in there.