How does it work? I tell you all seven things about myself, then pass it on to seven other bloggers to share seven things about themselves.
Seven things about me:
1. I love the design work involved in remodeling our house. I do most of the drawings myself, and I absolutely love being able to take a room that is not functioning well and figure out how to move a few walls to make it better. I have a whole accordion folder of ideas and sketches for our house, though we will only complete a handful of them before we put the place on the market. The actual completion of the work is not my favorite, however I do like to see the end result. This will be the only we do this on a house we live in, as it's a complete detriment to life/work balance.
2. I shop at the Thrift Store. Almost exclusively for the girls, believe it or not. My Takoma Park friends will think this is completely normal, as it's almost a trendy thing to do here, but I'm sure some of my other friends would gasp in horror. Granted, we have a very large selection of gently worn clothes to choose from in name brands like Gymboree, Hannah Anderson, Gap, Lands End, etc. And, I particularly like it that one mother donates her twin girls' clothes all the time and her girls' stuff is almost always a perfect fit for Mia. (I assume this because there are often two of one outfit that I really like in the same size.)
3. I HATE being pregnant. I don't like how I feel, I don't like the changes that take place in my body, I don't like maternity clothes, I just don't like a thing about it. Lucky for me I don't really have a lot of pregnancy complications, I just don't like it much. The attention is nice,(and some days I like it that I get kicked from the inside), but overall, it's just a means to an end.
4. I do not like to talk on the phone. I much prefer email or instant message. I have pretty much always been this way, and thank goodness for me, I was born in an age where there are other means of communicating. I don't know why, so if you feel like speculating, let me know what you come up with. Similarly, I really really like gadgets, and though I thought my husband was nuts to give a stay-at-home-mom an iPhone, I absolutely LOVE it.
5. I really like to bake, but don't do it very often. For some obvious reasons such as the impact it has on my waistline and that it takes time and usually uninterrupted time at that.
6. I love to sleep in. Though sleeping in has changed definitions since the birth of Mia, I still love to sleep in when I can.
7. I make my own gift cards lately. They are tiny and I only use them on packages, but I really enjoy making them and I think they are really cute. A while back I painted wooden knobs for sale in my mother's hair stylist's salon and I used the name Little Fox Designs so I've been writing that on the back of my cards. It makes me think they seem more professional that way. :) (These are some I didn't use due to a centering issue with the words, but you get the gist.)



No comments:
Post a Comment