Thursday, July 5, 2007

Laney is One!!
















Laney celebrated her actual birthday by attending the Takoma Park 4th of July parade and staying up way too late to watch fireworks.



We didn't actually go to the middle school to see them. We thought it would be too late, there was a large chance of rain, and a tornado warning, so we stayed inside and watched the National Fireworks on tv. We were lucky though, and were able to peek out our window to see the local fireworks just above the trees. Laney was mesmerized and kept hitting the window everytime she saw one. It was really cute.









Laney has come a long way in a year. She feeds herself, chatters nonstop (though we don't understand what she's saying), dances whenever music is on, is learning to sign a few words ("milk", "more"), and LOVES baths, electrical cords (!!), ripping paper, dolls, and of course Mia. She hates putting shirts with sleeves on, she hates when Mia is in timeout, and she really dislikes it when I take things out of her mouth that she finds on the floor or has ripped from a magazine.
Next on her list is walking, which could be any day now.









Happy Birthday Laney Bun!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday little girl! I'd love to meet you someday!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday Laney! Love ALL of the pics Laura. You make me laugh, we won't hear from you for a while and then get several posts in one day. I *love* it! Glad you had a great 4th and the Princess Party looks like a blast. What a great job on the cake :)

Takoma Volpe said...

Yeah, when I get a few free moments, I have to pack it all in. :) The girls aren't napping at the same time anymore, so it gets hard. And, PV is working nights, so I leave the office to him at nights. It'll probably continue like that for a little while longer.