Friday, June 22, 2007

Mia is 3!!!


Mia turned three yesterday. As I look back over the last three years it amazes me how long three years can be, as well as how quickly they can fly by. I don't feel like it has been that long since I left the workforce to stay home. Yet, some days seem to take every ounce of patience and creativity I can possibly muster and can seem to last a week.

I'm reminded of the song "Sunrise, Sunset". My mom used to sing that around the house, now I know what she was feeling as she sang it. Some mothers of older children would probably think it was too soon to look back in this manner, but a three year old is now really truly no longer a baby. Mia dresses herself, feeds herself, uses the bathroom (mostly - sometimes she prefers to use "nature"), and pretty much wants to do everything "BY MYSELF, MOMMY!" It's wonderful in SO many ways.








Happy Birthday, Mia Bug!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!! She looks so happy in all the pictures Laura, I can't imagine why you would ever use up all your patience ;) Our babies aren't babies anymore.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Mia! Being a SAHM is hard work! Those little ones grow up fast, don't they?